Tuesday, July 10, 2012

~Wedding Color Palettes~



I was on one of my favorite blogs, The Small Things, (which you MUST visit if you want incredibly cute hair ideas, fashion inspiration, and anything chic) and I saw this awesome entry on how she remodeled her bathroom.  She used this fantastic new application from Sherwin Williams called CHIP IT! You install the icon on your toolbar (just like the Pinterest one!), find an inspiration picture, click CHIP IT, and VOILA it turns out all the colors in that picture.  So then I thought…if you can do that for interior design….why can't you do that for a wedding? 


OH.you.so.can! 


So I found a picture of the Eiffel Tower that I love (I love anything Paris, I have never been, but I swear I'd step off the plane already in looooove & quite smitten!) After I found my inspiration picture, I clicked the CHIP IT button, and this is what popped up…




This is such a great tool, not only for home interiors, but weddings too! It basically sets up your color scheme FOR YOU!  I mean, from the example above, you can already start to determine which would be your accent color(s) if you were going for this tres chic, French wedding theme! I took the main colors that stood out to me--spearmint, chocolate, gold, and lemon--and found some wedding items that can bring this palette to life! 




1. Lemon: This bow tie would be adorable on ring bearers and groomsmen alike! via Laura Leslie Photography
2. Chocolate: This cake's simple exterior allows the pops of spearmint and pink to really stand out! via The Knot
3. Gold: Gold bangles would dress up any wedding dress! It really adds a modern twist on Bridal jewelry. (via Homemade Cosmetics)
4. Spearmint: These Calvin Klein dresses (via Nordstrom) would be perfect for bridesmaids! Just add these #5 shoes  (via Pinterest) in sparkling gold…just like the lights on the Eiffel Tower at night! 


I just love-love-love this application from Sherwin Williams! Try this with your wedding inspiration photo (or send me your inspiration photo and I'll create/feature your personalized wedding board on the blog)!!! 




XOXOXO
Heather





4 comments:

  1. That is amazing! I will have to try this. Beautiful color combination! Just found you via The Bride Her Wedding on FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I saw it on an awesome blog where she redid her bathroom! (c:

      Delete
  2. I'm personally a big fan of ticketboothno92 blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path


    ReplyDelete

  3. Well, explanation. This time gathered a huge knowledge from this site. Want some more.Thanks.

    Photo Retouching Services

    ReplyDelete